Everything that happens in
a store from the moment
a customer enters to the moment
they leave is thoroughly managed.
The areas are divided into sales and event planning. Sales planning creates daily/monthly/yearly sales goals for all brands in the store and analyzes performances in real time, helping managers make smooth decisions. Event planning plans and executes various types of promotions to enhance sales and manages stores for ideal shopping environment for customers.
The ability to analyze various events and sales results from different perspectives is essential for sales planning/support. In addition, sales planning/support work relies on being able to carefully watch everything that happens in the store and immediately deal with any problems that may occur.
This role is in charge of
creating marketing strategies
and direction for the
company's sales vitalization.
To describe the role in more detail, marketing works to plan and execute various promotions (seasonal events, VIP invitation events, partnership events, etc.) for customers around the world. It also creates advertising strategies, brings models onboard, films videos, and also plans/execute LOTTE DUTY FREE Family Concerts. In addition, it creates design strategies for the entire company, supports the underprivileged, operates combined growth projects with small and medium businesses, and executes various other social contribution programs.
Marketers require to be sensitive to market trends, creative to come up with new ideas, and be initiative to carry them out. The ability to communicate smoothly with various internal divisions, partner companies, and customers is also required to carry out marketing position. In order to analyze customer preferences through data, data analysis capabilities (Excel or a statistical processing language) and creative thinking for problem solving are also necessary.
Special preference Marketing, statistics, or a data-related major
Big Data Team
- Job introduction and daily schedule
- Hello. My name is Cho Jung-min, from the LOTTE DUTY FREE Big Data Team. This division carries out data analysis, membership operation, and policymaking. I currently carry out an analysis role inside the team, performing work such as data analysis, data partnership, system development support, etc. The biggest characteristic of the Big Data Team is that there isn’t much repetitive work. Instead of work that happens every week and every month, there are jobs that have deadlines ranging from a few weeks up to a year, and jobs that must be managed on an individual level. As such, it is necessary to plan your work every day and perform accordingly. Working in the Big Data Team grants you more opportunities to see what systems and data exist in the company. Sometimes you undertake improvement projects with IT developers. An advantage of the team is that you can experience many types of work ranging from simple analysis to complex projects, all related to data.
- Necessary skills
- The data analysis that I’ve experienced requires accurate analysis of necessary parts more than complex analysis. In that respect, if you have basic knowledge of statistics or data or have experience with analysis projects, it will help you think of appropriate methods required to avoid inaccurate/biased analyses. Even if it isn't experience from a relevant major or actual analysis work at a company, having some experience from self-study or analysis projects from university is more than enough. Secondly, I think perseverance is also important. You’re not always placed in the best environment when performing analysis. Sometimes your project goals are unclear, you might be missing data, or a methodology you don't know a lot about may be necessary. In order to avoid the half-cooked conclusions and detect meaningful implications, I think perseverance is required. Thirdly, I think it is important to be willing to learn new things. Depending on the environment of the company or the project that needs to be analyzed, you may need to study new programs, languages, or methodologies. It is important to have a willing to learn attitude and apply the necessary information.
- Job satisfaction
- I feel satisfaction when the analysis results that I've produced are utilized in important decisions. The results could be used to plan small customer promotions or for bigger things like setting the stage for a project that requires large investments. But in this process, because corporate environments change quickly, the results might be rendered useless even before the analysis is complete, or the expected results might fail to be produced. However, I think the process of considering the methodology is valuable in itself even if the results do not impact the decision. As such, if you feel a sense of accomplishment in coming up with appropriate methods for the resolution of analysis problems and actually applying them, I think you’ll be well suited for the big data position.
- Future career path
- In the short term, I wish to contribute to the formation of a big data platform, accessing various types of data and performing analysis in environments and languages users want, going beyond simple analysis work in my given environment. This kind of projects would allow employees from LOTTE DUTY FREE to execute more advanced analysis, and gain diverse insights. In addition, I would like to experience data modeling and the formation of necessary physical environments for data analysis. I also wish to experience work related to online duty-free stores, which is different from offline ones. The online store is a growing channel in the industry, and I believe it will become a more competitive aspect in future. In addition to learning that domain, my mid- to long-term goal is to analyze and plan services for promotions that improve customer experience or improve LDF website by learning relevant analysis techniques.
- Company culture
- LOTTE DUTY FREE has various systems to help new recruits adjusting to the company. First, there is the L-COACH program, which provides in-house instructors that teach work-related knowledge. New recruits or employees moving to a different division can utilize this program to quickly learn necessary work like system utilization information, etc. Secondly, there is a mentoring system which one can receive help regarding company life from seniors who are 2-3 years above you. Lastly, a job rotation every three years helps you experience different types of work. Of course, if you wish to grow into a professional in a particular field, you can choose to rotate within those teams or stay in the same team.
MDs manage and control brands, products, product prices, order quantities, and stores layouts to maximize customer value and corporate sales.
Going beyond simply bringing in and ordering products, MDs discover trendy brands which satisfy customer demands, negotiate prices and layouts, and efficiently manage stock.
It is required for MDs to be able to closely watch and analyze the global market status and trends. Because a lot of the work involves communicating with overseas brands, linguistic ability and international etiquette are important. It is also beneficial to have basic knowledge regarding international trade. It is also important to be able to negotiate product prices or order quantities to improve business profit.
Special preference Marketing or management-related major
This role involves creating
and executing strategies
for the planning and
achievement of management goals.
In order to accomplish the company's vision, global management goals are planned, analyzed, evaluated, and reported. Also, the role involves the establishment and execution of short, mid- and long-term strategies based on a cost-benefit analysis.
For accurate business evaluations, the ability to analyze using financial knowledge is required. In addition, skills to initiate strategy planning and execution is also required.
This role performs various analyses
and strategy planning to prepare
for duty-free projects and
entry into new industries.
This role oversees bid preparation and market research for airport duty-free stores, as well as business value analysis for new duty-free stores in new cities. Based on that, the role prepares and executes overseas projects. Preparing to enter new industries beyond the duty-free industry is also one part of this position.
This role requires the capacity to execute projects with strong teamwork amidst urgent decision-making environments. In addition, linguistic ability and a high level of understanding different cultures which could serve as a basis for creating new business projects and overseeing the stores. Financial knowledge is also required for business value evaluation.
This role includes work in HR,
finance, support, legal, and
other areas that support stores
and other divisions for the
improvement of company sales
and business profits.
To go further into detail, work in HR involves recruiting suitable individuals for the employee advantage, as well as developing and providing various types of education. Work in finance helps procure funds for smooth company management and manages accounting work. Support work involves managing various assets and processes bids for supply purchases, etc. Legal work involves in-house legal consultation for contract evaluation, legal conflicts, etc.
The management support role requires a sense of responsibility towards the management of the entire company. It also requires the ability to smoothly communicate with other divisions. In addition, in the event of a problem, an employee in this role must be able to solve problems appropriately through a swift assessment of the situation.