Terms and Conditions
LDF PAY for sale Terms of Service
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these terms of service is to stipulate all rights, obligations and related procedures, etc. between the persons, who purchased and/or issued with LDF PAY for sale (hereinafter referred to as the "Customer") by Lotte Duty Free (hereinafter referred to as "Lotte Duty Free"), and Lotte Duty Free in using such LDF PAY for sale.
Article 2 (Definitions)
- "LDF PAY for sale" refers to a type of LDF PAY issued by Lotte Duty Free that is issued as a new-form of gift certificate and can be used as a payment method in purchasing duty free products by Customers through presenting, delivering or in other methods to Lotte Duty Free. LDF PAY for sale is a gift certificate in a fixed amount that can be used freely, without limitation on the number of uses, within the balance during the valid period.
- "Customer" refers to a person who directly purchases LDF PAY for sale from Lotte Duty Free or purchases a LDF PAY for sale coupon from partner companies of Lotte Duty Free and exchanges such coupon with LDF PAY for sale, pursuant to these terms of service, and uses such LDF PAY for sale to make payments for the goods.
- "Lotte Duty Free" refers to all offline Lotte Duty Free and Lotte Internet Duty Free operations by domestic and overseas corporations (Hotel Lotte, Lotte Duty Free, Busan Lotte Hotel, Lotte Busan Duty Free, Lotte Duty Free Jeju, Lotte Duty Free Guam, LLC, PT. SJ Indonesia, Lotte Duty Free Japan Co., Ltd., Lotte Duty Free Kansai Co., Ltd., Lotte Phu Phanh Duty Free Co., Ltd., Lotte Travel Retail Australia Pty Ltd., Lotte Travel Retail New Zealand Limited., Lotte Travel Retail Singapore Pte. Ltd) related to Lotte Duty Free.
Article 3 (Generation of LDF PAY for sale)
- Lotte Duty Free indicates the following items when issuing LDF PAY for sale.
- - Issuer
- - Purchase price (when discounted, the discount rate and discounted amount)
- - Face value
- - Valid period
- - Conditions of use
- - Usable affiliated stores
- - Refund conditions and method
- - Matters on payment guarantee or execution of indemnity insurance contract
- - Telephone number, etc. to contact in case of consumer damage
- When LDF PAY for sale are issued to another person, due to a fault of the Customer, Lotte Duty Free provides a method to make corrections on the un-used portion of the concerned LDF PAY for sale to the Customer.
- LDF PAY for sale may be transferred to another person.
Article 4 (Valid Period)
- The valid periods are different for each type, but are at least 1 year or longer.
- Unless stipulated otherwise, the expiration of Article 9 shall be deemed to be the valid period.
- A Customer may request an extension of the valid period to Lotte Duty Free on LDF PAY for sale already issued, and the valid period shall be extended in 1 year units from the extension application date, unless for special reasons. Provided, the application for extension is possible for up to 5 years from the issuance date of LDF PAY for sale.
- Lotte Duty Free shall notify the Customers on the arrival of expirations, possibility of extending the valid period and the method thereof, etc. by e-mail or text message, etc. for at least 3 times or more, including a notification provided 7 days prior to the arrival of the expiration.
- When cancelling or fully returning the purchases made with LDF PAY for sale at offline duty free store, the amount of LDF PAY for sale with valid period remaining shall be restored. Provided, the expired LDF PAY for sale shall be automatically extended for 5 years from the exchange (issuance) date of the concerned LDF PAY for sale. Provided, refund shall be made entirely in cash for partial returns.
When cancelling or returning, entirely, the purchase orders using LDF PAY for sale at Lotte Internet Duty Free, the amount of LDF PAY for sale shall be recovered. For partial cancellation and/or partial returns, the amount of LDF PAY for sale corresponding to the amount used according to the payment proportion shall be recovered. Provided, if the LDF PAY to be recovered has expired already, the LDF PAY shall not be recovered.
Article 5 (Use, Correction and Cancellation of LDF PAY for sale)
- A member must have a joint ID in order to be issued or accumulated with LDF PAY for sale. The joint ID is automatically generated when the passport information (nationality, passport number and date of birth) are entered during registering for green membership of Lotte Duty Free, VIP membership or Lotte Internet Duty Free membership, and shall be given automatically to the existing VIP members and Lotte Internet Duty Free members who have entered the passport information (nationality, passport number and date of birth) as of [May 7, 2019]. (Provided, some of the existing members may be restricted.)
- LDF PAY for sale may not be issued or used at overseas branches of Lotte Duty Free.
- LDF PAY for sale may be used for offline Lotte Duty Free transactions by presenting the passport and authenticating as the possessor of a joint ID through POS inquiry, and can be used at Lotte Internet Duty Free by logging on with an ID that is generated with a joint ID.
- The order of deduction of LDF PAY for sale at offline Lotte Duty Free shall be according to the deduction order of rewards 1, and the standard deduction order is category > branch > channel > amount used. Provided, when requested by the Customer, deduction may be made in the order of valid period and specific LDF Pay. Provided, the order of deduction may be changed pursuant to the policy of the company.
The order of use of LDF PAY for sale at Lotte Internet Duty Free may be selected among automatic application pursuant to the company’s use policy and the application depending on the type of membership. For automatic application, deduction is made automatically in the order of earlier expiration date.
- The Customer may request a provision of duty free goods by using LDF PAY for sale within the amount of the LDF PAY within the valid period at Lotte Duty Free.
- LDF PAY for sale may be used, without restrictions on the number of usage, within the balance, and deduction shall be made for the amount used at the time of using the LDF PAY for sale. At such a time, Lotte Duty Free shall take measures, such as transmission of additional e-mail or text message, etc., on the use of the balance, at the cost of Lotte Duty Free.
- When LDF PAY for sale are falsified, forged or otherwise improperly issued, the use of LDF PAY for sale of the Customer may be restricted, without regards to the balance.
- LDF PAY for sale may be used for smooth purchase or refund processes, etc.
- LDF PAY offered by entering another person’s information shall be processed as non-usable, upon confirmation, and the member information shall be deactivated.
- A member shall not exert rights on the loss of LDF PAY from entering information not his/her own, and Lotte Duty Free shall not be liable.
- When another customer losses LDF PAY from entering information not his/her own, Lotte Duty Free shall collect the LDF PAY through identification procedure and may delete the concerned member information, at the discretion of Lotte Duty Free.
- LDF PAY improperly accumulated shall lapse at the time of disqualification notification, and the member shall not assert any rights on such. Moreover, the member or persons involved in the improper accumulation may be civilly or criminally liable for improper profits acquired, meaning purchasing products or using services with improperly accumulated LDF PAY, pursuant to the relevant laws.
Article 6 (Transfer of LDF PAY for sale)
- Members may not use LDF PAY for sale for transfer, lease or collateral purposes. Provided, exceptions shall be made when pursuant to a transfer procedure, such as "Gifting LDF PAY," etc. acknowledged by Lotte Duty Free. LDF PAY for sale received from other member pursuant to "Gifting LDF PAY" may have restrictions on expiration date, transfer amount limit and number of transfers of the concerned LDF PAY for sale pursuant to the policy of Lotte Duty Free, and information on such shall be notified on the gifting page of Lotte Duty Free.
- Customers may gift the LDF PAY for sale, to be transferred, by selecting the type, after presenting the recipient’s passport number by visiting the gift desk of offline Lotte Duty Free. From the Lotte Internet Duty Free, the transferer may gift the LDF PAY for sale to be transferred by selecting the type after login and searching the ID or nationality and passport number of the recipient.
- Members can transfer the LDF PAY for sale to another member pursuant to the conditions of use by each type, and upon completion of the transfer, the transfer shall not be cancelled and shall be re-transferred from the member who has received the LDF PAY for sale.
- Members may transfer LDF PAY for sale by each type in units and shall not be transferred by splitting.
Article 7 (Refund)
- Customers may be refunded with the actual full purchase amount (discounted price) within 7 days of LDF PAY for sale purchase date.
- When a Customer, who has been provided with goods corresponding to 60/100 (80/100) for LDF PAY for sale of less than 10,000 KRW) of the LDF PAY for sale amount, requests a return of the balance prior to the expiration of the valid period, Lotte Duty Free shall return the balance (the amount remaining after calculating according to the ratio of use based on the actual purchase price (discounted price), not the face value of the LDF PAY for sale).
- The right to request refund shall be with the final possessor of LDF PAY for sale. At such a time, when the purchase is refunded, Lotte Duty Free shall not be liable in relation to the refund.
- Refund is only possible by visiting the gift desk of offline Lotte Duty Free, and an account number under the name of the refund applicant must be provided. Refund cannot be cancelled.
Article 8 (Membership Withdrawal and Processing of LDF PAY for sale)
- Customers with LDF PAY for sale shall proceed with the membership withdrawal after going through the LDF PAY for sale refund procedure pursuant to the LDF PAY for sale Terms of Service or after expiration of the LDF PAY for sale in possession, when the concerned LDF PAY for sale have not expired.
- Provided, when applying for membership withdrawal at overseas branches of Lotte Duty Free and owns LDF PAY for sale, the class is changed to green level and LDF PAY for sale shall remain as is.
- When a member who is only registered with Lotte Internet Duty Free attempts to withdraw membership while having LDF PAY for sale from a transfer, a message indicating that the withdrawal is possible after using the LDF PAY for sale or receiving refund at offline Lotte Duty Free shall be provided.
Article 9 (Expiration)
- After 5 years from the issuance (exchange) date of LDF PAY for sale have elapsed, commercial claims statute of limitations under the Commercial Act will expire, and the Customer can no longer request provisions of goods, etc., refund or return of balance to Lotte Duty Free.
- In calculating the period of Paragraph 1, the statute of limitations on LDF PAY for sale expire in order from the purchase (exchange) date.
Article 10 (Termination of LDF PAY for sale Service)
- LDF PAY for sale service may be terminated or closed for unavoidable reasons, such as change in policy of the company, etc.
- When intending to terminate or close the LDF PAY service, a notification shall be made to the members at least 3 months prior to the termination or closing time and shall conduct activities to promote use of LDF PAY during the remaining period. In such a case, the service termination or closure base date shall be the date notified to the members.
Article 11 (Payment Guarantee, Etc.)
Payment guarantee or indemnity insurance contract (hereinafter referred to as the "payment guarantee, etc." of LDF PAY for sale shall be pursuant to the indications on the LDF PAY for sale.
Article 12 (Responsibilities of Lotte Duty Free)
- Lotte Duty Free shall be finally liable for the rights of customers related to the use of LDF PAY for sale.
- Upon damage to the Customer from falsification or forgery, etc. of data, Lotte Duty Free shall indemnify the Customer for the losses, unless Lotte Duty Free demonstrates that the responsibilities of the Customer, such as negligent management, etc., or due to force majeure grounds, such as natural disaster, etc.
- When the Customer purchases the coupon of LDF PAY for sale from partner companies of Lotte Duty Free and remains in the coupon status, prior to being exchanged with LDF PAY for sale, the partner companies of Lotte Duty Free, the actual sales agent, shall be responsible for the rights of the Customers.
Article 13 (Conflict Resolution)
All lawsuits on the disputes between Lotte Duty Free and Customers in relation to these terms of service shall be brought to a competent court under the Civil Procedure Act.
Article 14 (Miscellaneous)
Any matters not stipulated in these terms of service and disputes in the interpretation of these terms of service shall be determine by an agreement between the Customer and Lotte Duty Free. Provided, when an agreement cannot be reached, it shall be pursuant to the relevant laws and commercial practices, such as the Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions, Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc., Electronic Financial Transactions Act, Standard Terms and Conditions for Electronic Financial Transactions, Framework Act on Telecommunications, Telecommunications Business Act, Specialized Credit Finance Business Act, etc.